Street Portrait Workshop
1 PM on Saturday, June 25th
EVENT IS FULL SORRY
Offering opportunities to learn about street portraits. The first will be at Portsmouth Pride, at Strawberry Bank.
How do you take pictures of people--strangers--in the street? What do you say? How do you approach them? It’s time to get out of your comfort zone and take photos of strangers!
Street portraits are exciting and challenging. You’ll practice communications skills, planning and adapting. In street portraits, the photographer asks for permission to take photos, and creates posed photographs.
A lot of people feel terror at the thought of taking pictures of a stranger in the street. Yes, it can be intimidating. It can also be lots and lots of fun!
Come and join me for a small group experience of how to talk to people in the street, take their pictures.
You'll watch me talk to people, interact and if you like, try it yourself.
Because of the nature of the experience, this workshop is limited to just four people.
For this adventure, we will meet near Strawberry Bank, talk a little bit and then go out and take photos. After, if the group wants to, we'll stop for a drink to share pictures and ideas.
· Group size no more than 4 people.
· Duration: 2 hours
· We'll stay together, unless people feel very comfortable and want to split off in pairs or alone.
· Meet at a predetermined location in the neighborhood where we're going to shoot. This time it will be Strawberry Bank.
· Brief introductions
· Instruction on the principles of street portraits and what our approach will be.
· Spend about 90 minutes doing photography.
· Wrap up and debrief.